Deadline & Fees for Entries
Earlybird postmark deadline: June 24, 2020
Regular postmark deadline: July 22, 2020
Late postmark deadline: August 26, 2020
Notification Date - January 6th, 2021
VFF is now only accepting entries digitally. If submission by DVD is desired, please contact the programmer before submitting.
All cheque or money orders payable to Victoria Film Festival.
All funds must be in Canadian or US Dollars.
If paying via cheque/money order, include the name of the film being submitted on the payment.
1. May be fiction, documentary, animation or experimental of short or feature length. Virtual or augmented reality projects will also be considered.
2. Only films completed in 2019 or 2020 will be considered.
3. Films which have received television or theatrical exposure in the Victoria, B.C. area prior to the festival are not eligible.
4. Films available on the internet are not eligible.
5. Please include two film stills and a director's head-shot with your entry. These can be emailed or included with submission.
6. VFF now accepts only online screeners for preview purposes. Entries should be submitted by secure password-protected internet link. The link must NOT be visible to the public.
7. If submitting via DVD is desired, please contact the programmer before submitting.
8. If selected for the festival, exhibition prints may be presented via Blu-Ray, DCP or QuickTime compliant file. Filmmakers must deliver final format as indicated for festival screening. No exceptions. Shorts will be compiled into programs for screening. Titles may be delivered to the festival digitally.
9. Virtual or augmented reality projects are exempt from some of these requirements as outlined in their category rules.
The Festival will provide a complimentary Guest Pass for two representatives from each feature (75+ minutes) presented and six complimentary tickets to one screening of the film. Short filmmakers will receive one complimentary Guest Pass and two complimentary tickets to one screenings of their film.
Entries will be reviewed by a Selection Committee appointed by the Festival Director and Head Programmer. The Selection Committee will provide a list of those film and video works which it feels should be part of the Festival and will provide a short list of nominees for Festival awards. Entrants will be notified of the decisions of the Festival by January 6, 2021.
1. All shipping costs to Victoria must be paid by the participant.
2. The Festival will pay the cost of outbound shipping.
3. For international films, our print traffic coordinator will contact you with specific instructions.
4. Promotional materials of selected films become the property of the VFF and can be used to promote the Festival and the programs of the Festival in all mediums.
5. At the Festival, filmmakers will be able to sell copies of their work if desired. Contact the Festival for further details.
The Victoria Film Festival will make every effort to ensure the safe keeping of all films and videos submitted for exhibition. However, the applicant in applying to the Festival agrees to release the Festival, its Officers, Directors and other representatives from any and all claims arising in any way from the submission of materials by or on behalf of the Applicant, whether film, video or otherwise to the Festival. If you wish to insure your film, please make arrangements with the programmer. You accept these conditions by submitting to us.
Your submission implies that you have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration along with your acceptance of The Victoria Film Festival regulations. By submitting this form, you also agree to allow the festival the use of your film and its publicity materials for promotional purposes. Please agree below.
You accept these conditions by submitting to us.