Upon submitting a film for consideration to MONSTER FEST the submitter acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. The submitter holds relevant copyrights for the submitted film and agrees to screen the film at MONSTER FEST should it be selected for the program.
2. The submitter understands that submitting a film does not guarantee entry into the festival program and that no refunds will be issued for submission fees for films not selected for the program.
3. The submitter agrees that if the film is selected for the MONSTER FEST program they will be able to provide a screening copy on DCP and arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Australia by the agreed festival materials deadline. Short films will be accepted as either DCP or .mov files (exact specs TBD).
MONSTER FEST only accepts submissions electronically, utilising online screeners. This allows your film to be seen by the whole programming team and thus increases its chances of being selected.
Eligibility requirements for features and shorts:
-Features must be Victorian premieres and have not had an Australian festival debut prior to January 1, 2020.
-Short films must be Victoria premieres not publicly available online and have not had an Australian festival debut prior to January 1, 2020.
-Expanded Cinema projects must be Victoria Premieres.
– Running time for all feature films must be 60 – 120 minutes.
– Running time for all shorts must be approximately 15 minutes or less.
– Selected feature films must be made available on DCP (depending on venue) and the submitter must arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Australia by the agreed festival materials deadline.
-Selected short films must be made available on DCP (depending on venue) or .mov file (in 24 or 25 fps - 24 preferred) and the submitter must arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Australia by the agreed festival materials deadline.
-Expanded Cinema proposals must be primarily self-sufficient, however this can be addressed on a case by case basis. The artist should provide and operate all personalised equipment (laptops, small gauge film projectors, any video projectors outside of existing cinema setup etc) and be able to travel to the festival at one’s own expense to present.
-Film submissions in a foreign language must be subtitled in English.
-Preview format is an online screener. We will not be accepting physical screeners (do NOT mail or drop off screeners at the Monster office)
-If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
SCHEDULING: Films are scheduled at the discretion of Monster Fest. Monster Fest retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once.
RELEASE: MONSTER FEST is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless Monster Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.