“Britain’s most exciting and innovative film festival” (Lonely Planet) is once again open for submissions, so if you have a brilliant short film, take a look at the rules and terms, and submit! We’ll be in touch by the end of March 2022 to let you know whether your work has been selected or not. As always the programme will celebrate film and the moving image in all its permutations, from animated curiosities, to weird and wonderful music promos, to celluloid installations, to shorts for kids, to cerebral video essays, with just about everything in between.
We are a BAFTA qualifying festival, meaning successful submissions could go on to win a BAFTA!
Our short film strand currently has 8 coveted awards up for grabs:
– the Short Film Award – recognises the most outstanding piece of work across all genres. Selected by the short film jury (£1,000 CASH PRIZE);
– the WTF Award – hails the film which is the most innovative and extraordinary. It recognises vision, boldness, and originality. Selected by the short film jury (£500 CASH PRIZE);
– the Audience Award – the crowds’ favourite;
- the Optical Sound Short Film Award - the very best short selected from our music/sound/audio-inspired strand (£300 CASH PRIZE);
- the Screendance Award - the best short selected from our strand incorporating dance and movement (£500 CASH PRIZE);
- the Mid-length Film Award - the best film over 20 minutes (£300 CASH PRIZE);
– the Colour Box Award – celebrating the best short in our family programme awarded by the Colour Box jury (£300 CASH PRIZE);
– the Colour Box Audience Award – the kids’ favourite.
All successful submissions will be included in the programme at Flatpack no.16.