The Civitanova Film Festival was born in 2015 thanks to the collaboration between Michele Fofi and the cultural association "Fango & Assami".
Behind the Festival is the founders' idea to promote cinema at 360° by providing the tools necessary to analyse and comprehend the films showcased (thanks to the contibution of the authors) while describing the inception of a film, explaining the dynamics behind the production and the distribution, analysing new languages and the undercurrent socio-cultural changes, cultivating awareness of cinema heritage, promoting new and upcoming directors and enabling a spirit of community that fosters a healthy debate on the themes suggested and on how the directors turned their vision into art.
The focus of the event is the short films competition, which, after running for five years, has become an international platform for showcasing cinema works. Throughout the years the Festival welcomed cinema critics, established and upcoming directors, actors and professionals working in the industry. It's with their competence and expertise that we seek to promote cinema in order to develop a healthy environment and debate around cinema.
The 6th edition of the Civitanova Film Festival will be held between May 19th and 23rd 2020. It will have one main theme: love. As in our previous editions, we will feature an international competition for short films (which will be evaluated by a qualified Artistic Jury and by the public) as well as screenings, debates, round tables and entertainment.
During the days of the Festival we will screen the short films that are part of the Official Selection.
These will be competing for the following awards:
1) “Stelvio Massi” award (€ 800 + plate) - for best short film, picked by the Artistic Jury;
2) Best Director (€ 300 + plate) - picked by the Artistic Jury;
3) Best Actor in a female leading role (€ 300 + plate) - picked by the Artistic Jury;
4) Best Actor in a male leading role (€ 300 + targa) - picked by the Artistic Jury;
5) People's choice (plate) - picked by the audience;
6) “Young” (€ 200 + plate) - for best short film picked by students of selected local high schools;
7) “Fango & Assami” (€ 300 + plate) - for best short film picked by the commission responsible for the Official Selection and the Artistic Direction.
After being announced and when submitting to future festivals, the winners committ themselves to include in the opening credits of their short films the "Civitanova Film Festival" laurel, depicting name and logo of the Festival as well as the award assigned.
The awards will be handed to the authors (or their direct representatives) that will guarantee their presence at the award ceremony.