[ENGLISH] SUBMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE 2020 EDITION
Cerdanya Film Festival, Festival Internacional de Cinema de Cerdanya, is a Festival specialized in the documentary, fiction and animation genre, short and feature films, consisting of competitive international sections, non-competitive sections and parallel activities. All the films that are part of the different sections will be selected by the Festival programmers.
The 11th edition of the Cerdanya Film Festival will be held from 1st to 9th August 2020.
The following regulations will be applied to films submitted for the Competitive Sections Official – Short Films, Official – Feature Films (Cinefilia) and Official – Documentary (DOCU+).
• The Festival Official – Short Films Section groups a selection of the best short films of the most recent international scene. The films of this section compete for the Best Short Film Award, granted with a cash prize of 600€ and a trophy. The jury will preselect 4 Short Films, which will be screened in a special session, and the audience attending will vote for the winner. Additionally, all Short Films directed by a young female director (up to 30 y.o.) will be eligible for the Curtmiratges Award, endowed with a trophy.
• The Festival Official – Feature Films (Cinefilia) Section groups a selection of the best feature films presented. The films of this section compete for the Best Feature Film Award, granted with a cash prize of 600€ and a trophy. Additionally, all Feature Films dealing with any social concern will be eligible for the Social Sight Award, endowed with a trophy.
• The Festival Official – Documentary (DOCU+) Section groups a selection of documentary films dealing with the following topics: society, solidarity-world, art, biography, music-fusion, history, landscape, discovery traveling, tourism and ethnography. The films of this section compete for the Best Documentary Award, granted with a cash prize of 600€ and a trophy. Additionally, all Documentaries dealing with some aspect related with the historical memory will be eligible for the Memory Award, endowed with a trophy.
All Films competing in the three Sections will be eligible also for the rest of Festival Awards, awarded by the jury and endowed with a trophy. These are: Best Catalan Film, Best Director, Best Script, Best Sound, Best Edition, Best Cinematography and Best Actor and Actress.
The Organization has the right, at its own discretion, to establish as many honorific awards as it deems appropriate.
1. General submission requirements
Submission form deadline: April 30th, 2020 (check out special conditions on 3.2)
Confirmation: Selection will be notified no later than July 15th, 2020
1.1 Festival programmers will select the films participating in the Official – Short Films, Official – Feature Films (Cinefilia) and Official – Documentary (DOCU+).
1.2 When a film is selected, the Organization will notify the applicant by e-mail, and the entire official selection will be published on the Festival Homepage.
1.3 The Festival Official – Short Films Section is open to films around the world, lasting up to 60 minutes.
1.4 The Festival Official – Feature Films Section is open to films around the world, lasting 60 minutes or longer.
1.5 The Festival Official – Documentary Section is open to documentaries around the world, regardless of length.
1.6 For all three sections, films must meet the following criteria:
- They have been produced later than 1st January 2018
- They have not commercially premiered
The Festival's Organization hast the right, at its own discretion, to exceptionally program films that do not meet these requirements, always Out of Competition.
1.7 To submit a film to the Festival the only accepted procedure is to upload the film through: www.filmfreeway.com. We will accept DVDs or other physical formats sent at the following address: Cerdanya Film Festival – Museu Cerdà. C/ Higini de Rivera 4, 17520 Puigcerdà (Girona - SPAIN).
1.8 Films have to be presented in their original version. If Catalan or Spanish is not the original language, the film must have a version subtitled in Catalan or Spanish (integrated subtitles).
Any film that does not meet all these requirements will not be eligible for selection.
2.1 None of the awards might be declared not awarded or ex aequo.
2.2 The Organization has the right, at its sole discretion, to incorporate any other award and the right to replace the prizes with others of equal or greater value when it deems appropriate. In any such case, participants will be duly notified of such circumstances. The award winners are not entitled to request an exchange of their awards for any other prize.
2.3 Cash prizes are subject to the IRPF legislation in force for Spanish productions and to the international double taxation agreements in force for foreign productions.
2.4 Any decisions made by the Festival Organization and the jury are final. Submission and participation of a film implies unconditional acceptance of these regulations. Any questions or issues not set forth herein will be solved by the Organization of the Festival.
3. How to submit a film
3.1 To submit a film to the Festival the only accepted procedures are: uploading the film through www.filmfreeway.com platform or via Postal Delivery.
• The submission via FilmFreeway Platform, which includes a correctly filled submission form, promotional materials and an online link. Please note that the password to your film link must not change until the end of the Festival.
• The submission via Postal Delivery, which includes a correctly filled submission form, promotional materials and a physical support (DVD, USB stick or Blu-ray). You can send it to the following address: Cerdanya Film Festival – Museu Cerdà. C/ Higini de Rivera 4, 17520 Puigcerdà (Girona - SPAIN).
3.2 The submission fee is free of charge if at least one of the following conditions is met:
• Films presented to competition before March 1st, 2020.
• Unpublished Films wanting Cerdanya Film Festival as its premiere.
• Films produced in 2020.
Films that do not comply with any of the conditions above, will have a registration fee of 12€ (VAT included) to cover the processing, viewing and managing the screening copy of the film. Registration fees are not refundable but in case of a surplus, this amount will be divided equally among selected who paid that fee.
Unpublished films premiering at the Cerdanya Film Festival, considering national or international premieres, must notify this condition to the Organization at: info(a)cerdanyafilmfestival.cat
3.3 The Festival accepts rough cuts of the film but you will need to clearly notify to the Organization that this is not the final cut of the film. If it is needed, we will request an updated version and will contact the applicants directly.
3.4 Applicant guarantees that the film submitted is original and that it is not subject to any contract, assignment or third-party licenses relating to copyright, intellectual property or other rights other than those belonging to the creators of the film.
3.5 Your submission will only be accepted if all the required materials and information are received on time. Incomplete applications or without an online projection copy will not be taken into consideration.
3.6 In case of an invoice is needed, please send your invoicing details (VAT number included) and the title of the film to: info(a)cerdanyafilmfestival.cat
4. Selection procedure, required items and authorizations
4.1 Festival programmers will view and select the films that will participate in all the competitive sections.
4.2 The Festival will notify the applicant, no later than July 15th, 2020 whether his film is selected. Then, the participants will receive confirmation e-mail with a copy of the Festival Rules.
4.3 A professional Jury will deliberate the Cerdanya Film Festival Awards, except for those that are specifically voted on by the attending public.
4.4 The Organization might fellowship for the attendance of the awarded people.
4.5 The selected films must have an available screening copy in the following formats: DCP, Hard Disk (preferably .mov or .mp4) or Blu-ray. The Festival will not accept copies that do not meet the minimum requirements for exhibition.
4.6 Screenings will take place at Museu Cerdà de Puigcerdà. The Organization may schedule extra screenings elsewhere.
Authorizations, responsibility and publicity
4.7 Applicants exempt the Festival management from any responsibility derived from the plagiarism or any transgression of the current regulations in which they may incur.
4.8 The winners commit themselves to mention the prize received in further broadcasts of the film. In addition, the winners authorize the Organization the use of extracts (less than 1') and photographs for the promotion and publicity of the Festival in all physical and digital media, including social networks.
4.9 All films received will become part of the Cerdanya Film Festival archive, which will not return any of the copies received to its authors in any case. Applicants authorize the Organization to screen their films during the Festival as well as a selection within the “Short Film International Day”. No film will be screened more than 3 times without the prior consent of the owner.
5. Contact information and communications
Questions concerning regulations and/or submission process should be directed to: info(a)cerdanyafilmfestival.cat