COMPETITION RULES OF ARICA NATIVA 2020 (for detailed info please visit www.aricanativa.cl)
1. Allows the participation of all kinds of films (fiction, documentary, experimental, animation) that portray stories of the rural world, the geographical and cultural space that survives outside the cities.
Features over 40 minutes (including credits)
Short up to 30 minutos (including credits)
- Rural Feature and short Films
- Jallalla, Films made by indigenous people: Features and Shorts
- Mallku, Landscapes Films: Features and Shorts
- Afrika, Afro Culture Films: Features and Shorts
2. The participating films must be spoken or subtitled in Spanish.
3. The contestants must complete the form available at the following website: www.aricanativa.cl/bases2020, accepting the conditions of the respective competition they choose.
4. The films can be sent digitally through the following websites: www.filmfreeway.com, or by attaching a display link (YouTube or Vimeo) to the web form.
5. The deadline for receipt of movies closes August 16, 2020 at 23:59 hrs
6. The person applying must be the holder of the exhibition rights or, failing that, must have the simple sworn authorization of the holder of the exhibition rights, on the date the registration form is sent.
7. Works that have participated in previous versions of Arica Nativa, either in the pre-selection stage, competitive section, or in the parallel exhibitions, will not be accepted.
8. No works will be accepted that advocate racism, sexism, xenophobia, intolerance, excessive consumption and/or intentionally offend human rights. This decision will be determined by the Programming Committee, and will not be subject to appeal.
9. Each film cannot participate in more than one category of the Arica Nativa Film Festival 2020.
10. The selection of the films will be carried out by the Contents Committee of the Arica Nativa Film Festival 2020. The results will be released through the following website: www.aricanativa.com and the senders of the selected films will be contacted.
11. The Arica Nativa Film Festival does not pay exhbition fees for the exhibition of films selected in the official competition.
12. In case of being prevented from carrying out the Festival's presential activities, the programming of all the films in competition will be transferred to our web platform www.aricanativa.cl to be projected via streaming on at least one occasion during the Festival, on dates that will be previously communicated to the applicant.
13. All the films selected in the official Arica Nativa Competition 2020 will be integrated to the Festival's digital archive and made available to the public through the Festival's exhibition platform. We clarify that this platform only allows the online viewing of the material, not its downloading, in accordance with current legislation in Chile on the protection of intellectual property.
14. The evaluation of the films in the competition will be carried out by a jury of special guests of the Arica Nativa Film Festival 2020.
15. The competition results will be released by the president of the jury during the closing ceremony. Then, they will be published in the following website: www.aricanativa.cl
16. The winning films may be shown up to two times at the annual exhibitions of the Festival, with prior notice to the respective legal representatives. The exhibitions that will be carried out as a result of the above will be non-profit making.
17. Arica Nativa is an audiovisual project of the Altiplano Foundation that aims to make the new generations fall in love with the natural and cultural treasures preserved in the rural and indigenous world. The films received in all the competitions of the Arica Nativa Film Festival will have an opportunity to be promoted through the following websites: www.aricanativa.com and www.fundacionaltiplano.cl, as well as the activities of Arica Nativa and/or Altiplano Foundation.
For any query, contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org